With all the fuel price hikes lately, and the rising costs of living, check out some of our Top tips to help you improve your fuel efficiency.
- Stick to the speed limit. Traffic lights should be timed to the speed limit, so driving faster would result in you having to stop at every one.
- When pulling off from a traffic light, accelerate smoothly (don’t put your foot flat) and keep an eye on the traffic and traffic lights ahead to avoid unnecessary breaking.
- Select the correct gear, change through the gears to the highest possible quickly, without harsh acceleration. Driving in lower gears or letting the engine labour in a low gear wastes fuel.
- Use cruise control on open highways – this helps your vehicle maintain a steady speed.
- Park in the shade to minimise evaporation of fuel and keep the interior of your car cooler in the hotter months.
If you ever run out of fuel, lock your keys in your car or break down, you can make use of your Cartrack Road Side Assist.
The Roadside Assist service provides immediate assistance for flat batteries or tyres, keys being locked in your vehicle, running out of petrol, minor roadside running repairs and transmission of urgent messages. The package also offers a tow-in service in the case of an accident or mechanical/electrical breakdown.